Welcome to Friday, here are five points worth exploring:
- I’ve created a list of software testing conference changes this year due to COVID-19. It’s a small list that I think will grow over time. There have been a ton of canceled conferences because of Corona, mostly big events, but it just goes to show how the smaller conferences are impacted.
- Elizabeth Hendrickson (Explore It, Test Heuristic Cheat Sheet) is writing again and it’s some good stuff. One of my favorite posts so far is how she’s using Oculus as a meditation device.
- The book Remote: Office Not Required is making it’s rounds as companies push employees to work remote to reduce the likelihood of contracting COVID-19. Back in 2014 I wrote about the book and my journey to be remote.
- Angie Jones wrote about 5 ways to drive your automation engineers away. I agree with most but not all of the points, especially the last point, so check it out.
- Hopefully you’ve heard of the amazing tool Have I Been Pwned which tracks which accounts have comprised in data breaches (and your public information shared). Troy Hunt talks about his global search to find a new owner of the site. Fascinating read.