Only Testers and Hackers enter data into a program just to see if it works.
Hi! 👋 My name is Chris Kenst. I’m a Lead Automation Engineer who is passionate about helping teams accelerate their achievement of shippable quality.
I sit on the Board of Directors of the global non-profit The Association For Software Testing (AST) where I’m the incoming President. Previously I was the Treasurer and Vice President. Additionally of this I host the AST’s webinars, teach AST-BBST, do some marketing, and am working to update both our teaching platform and AST-BBST classes.
The past decade I’ve been trying to figure out how to construct and apply well designed tests in an efficient manner. Specifically tools that leverage a human tester while freeing the human testing specialist to focus on those powerful tests that are best done under direct human control. (I believe ML can be huge benefit here.) I’ve been in testing and test leadership roles for a number of startups and larger companies but I tend to prefer startups where I can have a bigger impact and don’t have to deal with Traditional Test Management. Before that, I founded and ran a technical services company in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I hold a Bachelors from San Francisco State University. I’ve passed all of the Black Box Software Testing (AST-BBST) courses; I find them the closest and most reputable thing to credentialing in the software testing field.
Additionally, I have taught BBST alongside Cem Kaner, am an inactive scuba instructor aka Master Scuba Diver Trainer and a Rapid Software Testing and Rapid Testing Applied alumnus who occasionally volunteers to help James Bach peer review his Rapid Testing Applied Online classes.
- Bio. A few biographies for reference.
- My Testing Philosophy. A foundation for studying and improving my ideas on software testing.
- Now. “Everything that happens now, is happening now.”
- Publications is a short list of my writings and talks.
- Projects is a visual list of my current and past projects. I enjoy developing software just as much as testing it.
- Upcoming Events is exactly as it sounds. Mostly this helps me keep an eye on what I need to do.
- Contact Me
Interested in reaching out?
Send an email to chris [at] kenst dot com.