Only Testers and Hackers enter data into a program just to see if it works.
Hi! My name is Chris Kenst and I’m an Sr. Automation Engineer who is passionate about helping teams accelerate their achievement of shippable quality.
I sit on the Board of Directors of the non-profit The Association For Software Testing (AST) where I’m the Treasurer and Vice President. Outside of this I also host Webinars, teach, do some marketing, and am working to update our training programs.
The past decade I’ve been trying to figure out how to construct and apply well designed tests in an efficient manner. Specifically tools that leverage a human tester while freeing the human testing specialist to focus on those powerful tests that are best done under direct human control. (I believe ML can be huge benefit here.) I’ve been in testing and test leadership roles for a number of startups and larger companies but I tend to prefer startups where I can have a bigger impact and don’t have to deal with Traditional Test Management. Before that, I founded and ran a technical services company in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I hold a Bachelors from San Francisco State University. I’ve passed all of the Black Box Software Testing (BBST) courses; I find them the closest and most reputable thing to credentialing in the software testing field.
Additionally, I have taught BBST alongside Cem Kaner (Kaner, Fiedler & Associates), am an inactive PADI certified Master Scuba Diver Trainer (scuba instructor). Also a Rapid Software Testing and Rapid Testing Applied alumnus who occasionally volunteers to help James Bach peer review his Rapid Testing Applied.
- Now. “Everything that happens now, is happening now.”
- Publications is a short list of my writings and talks. I also have a separate list of talks.
- Projects is a visual list of my current and past projects. I enjoy developing software just as much as testing it.
- TestingConferences.org is a simple list of Software Testing conferences and workshops. Also listed on the Projects page, it has become one of, if not the best most accurate resources for finding technology conferences and workshops in Software Testing.
- Upcoming Events is exactly as it sounds. Mostly this helps me keep an eye on what I need to do.
Interested in reaching out? Send an email to chris [at] kenst dot com.