Only Testers and Hackers enter data into a program just to see if it works.
Hello! My name is Chris Kenst and I’m a Test Engineer at Laurel & Wolf, a startup disrupting the traditional version of interior design services. Simultaneously I work to improve our understanding of our product and it’s quality while also building infrastructure to help us improve our testing efficiency.
Previously, I was in testing and test leadership roles for a few startups, healthcare, telecom, banking and insurance company. Before that, I founded and ran a technical services company in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I hold a Bachelors from San Francisco State University. I’ve passed all of the Black Box Software Testing (BBST) courses; I find them the closest and most reputable thing to credentialing in the software testing field.
I’m a volunteer BBST Instructor with the Association for Software Testing (AST), a co-instructor of BBST with Kaner, Fiedler & Associates and a PADI certified Master Scuba Diver Trainer (scuba instructor). A Rapid Software Testing and Rapid Testing Applied alumnus I occasionally volunteer to help James Bach peer review his Rapid Testing Applied.
For more information about my public and private teaching schedule check my list of classes.
- When I work within a development or engineering team I follow a set of Commitments that reflect the way I Think about software testing.
- Now, this is what’s going on with me right now. The latest and greatest.
- Publications is a short list of my outside writings and talks.
- TestingConferences.org is a simple list of Software Testing conferences and workshops. I’m hoping it will grow into a community driven list of events that participants find useful. Built on GitHub pages using Jekyll.
- Occasionally I do corporate consulting and workshops. For consulting please contact me directly and/or check my list of classes.