Five for Friday – January 17, 2020
Welcome to Friday, here are five points worth exploring:
- The State of Testing Survey is open so go fill it out! I often like seeing what the results of this survey are and how things change over time.
- The first newsletter of 2020 from TestingConferences.org came out and it’s got a LOT of discounts mentioned in it. Turns out buying tickets to conferences early in the year can yield a lot of savings.
- Cem Kaner’s 2004 article on the “Ongoing Revolution in Software Testing” has been making the rounds in the Modern Testing community for being spot-on in it’s criticisms of traditional testing ideas and enlightening in terms Cem’s ongoing evolution of his own ideas & understanding. There’s also a presentation on it from a few years later.
- Angie Jone’s has an article on reasons to co-locate your UI test automation code with your application code. It’s worth a read. I like all the recommendations but my approach is slightly complimentary (including do you intend to use the same programming language as the application code)?
- Our first AST webinar for 2020 about TestOpsies is now live on the AST YouTube channel, check it out: